FIND YOUR PASSION
What gives your life joy and meaning?
Take The Passion Test and explore the interests that could unlock your future.
HOW IT WORKS
Discover what you love most in life through a simple, structured, fun process with guided feedback.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Find out your top five passions along with ways for overcoming challenges and living with more joy.
A GUIDED JOURNEY
Take your journey of self-discovery with my help, your certified Passion Test facilitator. I’ll take you through the test, providing tips and insights to help you get the most from what you learn.
The Book That Started It
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Your passions are those things that bring your life joy and meaning. The Passion Test is a structured way to get more clear on your top passions and how to achieve them.
Some examples from others who have taken The Passion Test can be found here: Examples.
This takes place in two sessions.
- You send me an email saying you’re interested by clicking on Contact.
- I send you a couple pages of materials.
- You create a list of potential passions. You email that to me. I conduct a detailed analysis of your list, finding ways to make your potential passions work even better.
- We meet by Zoom or in person if you prefer (and if you live in Austin TX) at an agreed-upon date and time to go through the first guided session. That usually takes about 2 hours.
- A few days to a couple weeks later, we go through the second guided session, which usually takes about 1 hour.
- You’re done!
You will discover:
- Your top five passions (those things that bring the most joy and meaning to your life).
- The formula for creating anything you choose to have in your life.
- The secret to guarantee a passionate, meaningful life.
- Ways to overcome obstacles and challenges which prevent you from living your ideal life.
Almost anyone can benefit. However, I have found it works especially well with people who:
- have recently gone through a life change (like retirement or divorce);
- feel stuck in life; or
- have so many interests they’re not sure what to focus on.
- Life coaches typically meet with their clients many times over several months or years. I meet with you twice, usually within one month.
- Life coaches have a broad array of tools in their toolbox. I focus on one tool (The Passion Test), and some ancillary processes to help overcome obstacles and challenges.
Several years ago I went through The Passion Test with a certified Passion Test Facilitator. It gave me clarity and excitement about what I wanted to do with my life (though I already loved the job I was in as a doctor of epidemiology with the Texas Department of State Health Services). So much so, that I jumped when the chance came up to apply, go through the training, and become a certified Facilitator myself.
Since then, I’ve taken many people through The Passion Test. And now that I’ve retired from full-time epidemiology, I’m developing this into a second career. The Test allows me to combine an intuitive approach with the analytic skills from my PhD and decades in public health. And that results in a deep sense of meaning that comes with helping folks get more clear on what they can do with their lives.
The workshops are on hold for now, but the one-on-one sessions are continuing in person or on Zoom. If this speaks to you, I’d love to take you too through the two one-on-one sessions.
Peter Langlois, PhD, Certified Passion Test Facilitator
Austin, Texas, USA
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE PASSION TEST
I still have my reminders posted, and they keep me focused on what’s most important. I thank you for that! (Howard G, Austin TX)
After more than 5 years, I still have note cards on my desk and by my bedside with my top 5. I glance at them often, and they still ring true.
I practice and teach a method of meditation called iRest. One of the key steps of the practice is becoming aware of your deepest heartfelt desire for your life. This is something that people often need some support with. Examples might be, “I am a force for good in the world,” “I have compassion for myself and others,” or “I am open to giving and receiving love.” Ever since I took the Passion Test with you, mine has been, “I am thriving with health and well-being.”
There is a Facebook group for iRest teachers, and I’ve shared my experience with the Passion Test as one way for people to explore what their deepest heartfelt desire might be, especially if it’s not very clear to them and they’re curious about exploring. I’ve also told people about the book.
So the Passion Test has really left a lasting impact with me, and I continue to refer to it. The note cards also keep it in my awareness. (John S, Austin TX)
Very grateful that I took The Passion Test with you several years ago. It helped me focus my retirement energies! It motivated me to contact a friend, which launched my career in radio. (Dr Robert D, Austin, TX)
Doing The Passion Test with Peter helped me hone in on what I really want my life to look like, and helped me quantify those wants into concrete goals. It was an easy and fun process, and Peter was great at guiding me through it! (Jeff J, Austin TX)
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, want more info, or to let me know you’re interested in going through The Passion Test.